Sunday, May 24, 2015

Book 10 - Chapter 1

No cat seemed eager to tell their stories so the leaders devised a plan that each night starting at the top of the rank (the leader) down the smallest rank (kit) a cat would share a story. Sparrowstar stepped forward. "My warrior name was Sparrowfur," he began. "As you know there is evil in the world and not all loyal cats come from the clan. I didn't come from a clan. There is evil and magic and power and betrayal in the world we know. I have experienced each of those things before I came to live in the clan. My warrior name was Sparrowfur for a reason. I reason that I requested, I requested to be named Sparrowfur. I would have liked to stay just Sparrow but the clan leader insisted that I have a proper clan name so it was Sparrowfur. I used to live in a colony and I was respected I wasn't the leader of the colony. I was a respected member that  was dedicated to the group. One day something came after the clan and I was caught. This cat had it against my colony for a while so he decided to do something that was wrong to do. He turned me into a tiny kitten. I tried to live on my own for a while but then I came and sought refuge with the clan. I grew up in the clan and I am here now. I have tried my whole life to reverse the spell but it wasn't meant to be I was meant to stay a cat for the rest of my life. The cat that had cursed me had been cursed before and now he betrayed the group he had once lived in. I then in my cat form found a new home, here in Fishclan. The clan was always kind to me and they were always loyal. A queen took care of me, but I never forgot what it was like to be able to fly high in the sky above the clouds and the predators. I would give anything to see my parents again but I wouldn't give up Fishclan in a heartbeat. Fishclan is my home now, and as much as I would like to be able to fly again I would never abandon the cats that gave me the shelter I needed to survive. There is a reason I never eat birds or sparrows and a reason that I always give respects to the birds caught to eat and catch for the clan. It was because no matter what form I am in I will always be one of them." The clan nodded soon Sparrowstar was left out of all arguments, although many other cats were still arguing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment