Thursday, November 5, 2015

Book 10 - Chapter 32

Rivera stepped forward and spoke, "Thank you for doing us a favor Rissa, for we didn't like Darkfinch at all. He was a nasty and cruel leader and even though he isn't gone forever it is enough time for us to retrieve the cats that were in his clutches." "Well I don't think that he was that bad," said Appledawn. "You're only saying that because I didn't like him," hissed Rivera. "That could be a contributing factor," responded Appledawn. "You don't like me and you never did," retorted Rivera. "You're right  didn't. You came to the clans thinking that because you saved our current senior warrior and my mate that you were so superior to everyone demanding that everyone should repay your human. Well guess what, some of us don't care your human. You voice the truth on certain matters and you speak your mind. You have verbally hurt others in the clan just be saying what you believe in, while when I speak that way I end up helping the medicine cat collect herbs for about 5 1/2 months instead of training. I didn't always hate you Rivera, I used to look up to you. Now however times have changed." said Appledawn. "I understand that," said Rivera. "I never knew what effect and impact my word had on younger kittens that looked up to me. The only cats I have been with are my age or older and my friends who listen to what I say as the leader of them. When I left I nominated Esther to be the new leader and I know that she will take the position seriously and keep the group alive." "Sure you didn't know, I bet you knew and pretend you don't. You know you have a way with words, you know if you try hard enough you can spin and elaborate tale and get away with anything." spat Appledawn. "So tell me then what exactly you have against me." "It's not exactly you just the fact that you lived with humans, saved some I loved and can get out of any situation. Sagewind's friend and herself was saved by a cat that lived with humans, that could get out of any situation by talking like you, sound good so far? Well you both saved someone I loved but then this cat killed by best friend and talked her way out of the situation and the leader believed her over me so I have been mourning my friend while my leader thought that I might have killed my friend myself just to frame the other cat because Sagewind and her friend were paying more attention to her then my friend. The cat's name I believe was Lightning. He was a large gray tom with bright white lines down his nose and along his face like lightning bolts." said Appledawn. "Lightning, you were right to hate me. Lightning is my cousin and the closer friend to Storm. He took a warrior name is now a warrior among Darkfinch's cats. His name is Blackstorm his pelt is black with the lightning from a Storm."

No comments:

Post a Comment