Friday, November 6, 2015

Book 10 - Chapter 33

Fishfur wandered between her siblings. Her siblings threw her glares as she made her way to the rock to speak. "Well as you know I am siblings with Applepaw, Silverpaw, and Cloverpaw and my parents are Appledawn and Birchtail. There is a reason however why I am a warrior while my siblings are apprentices. I was named a Fishfur because my friends are fish. That is why I never eat a fish, I feel like my friends are staring at me in guilt because I wasn't able to save them from being killed by my clan mates. When I was younger I dreamed of course like any other cat there was. When I dreamed however I lived under the water and the fish there knew that I was a cat but that I wouldn't hurt them so I was their leader. So one day after I became an apprentice I went to the same river I had been to in my dreams and decided to try to speak fish like I had. It jumped in the water and it worked. I was able to breathe underwater, and talk  to the fish. That was then Mira my best friend was almost caught. She ducked into the shadows in time but Evelyn her best friend was hit and injured. The fish raced to help them but Katrina and Serena were caught. When I was dragged from the water I learned that my two friends were killed and were to be given to the queens and kits to eat. I remember how Katrina had 3 barely adult kids, Fiona, Angelica and Soma. While Serena was Mira's mother and Evelyn's godmother. So Appledawn and Birchtail upon my pleading and the fact that I promised to make the world a better place for us to live they requested to make me a warrior. I became Fishfur, and I have come to an agreement with the fish. Half of each batch of fish that survive are to be contained so no fish becomes to close to them and then we get to kill those to eat. It helps because the fish and I won't know the fish being eaten and we won't go hungry and the clan won't be taking my friend's lives." All of the clan began to babble excitedly except for Applepaw. Applepaw was flat out mad. Fishfur became a warrior just by asking? She would never be allowed to do that. Appledawn favored her oldest daughter and she was Birchtail's favorite. No one paid any attention to Applepaw being the youngest born and the kit that no one thought would survive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment