Thursday, November 5, 2015

Book 10 - Chapter 29

Foxflash stepped up to the edge of the rock where he was going to give his speech and tell his story. Foxflash thought to himself that he didn't really have a story. He just had the fact that he knew the truth about Mosskit and that it was definitely a valid reason why Mosskit wasn't telling the others. He knew that Mosskit knew that he knew and Mosskit had only stopped talking to him when he promised to not reveal who his parents truly were. For all the clan knew Mosskit could be a loner's kit. "Foxflash stepped to the edge of the rock. "My friends and clan mates of Fishclan. I don't have much to speak of tonight. Although I do remember that there was a time that I blamed myself for another cats death. If you noticed I always jump into the river and then rub fish scales into my pelt. I always smell like fish and that makes sense considering we are Fishclan. There is a reason I do that though and there is a reason that I around any cat until I jump in the river feed the clan then rub the fish scales into my pelt. I have something to hide. If I don't do that each day and then the sun gets to my fur my fur turns reddish brown and my whole body changes. I turn into a fox. As long as the sun cannot get to my true fur I stay a cat. I stay in the shade the days I can't get to the water. As long as my pelt is wet the sun has to dry the water first which gives my time to get the fish scales into my pelt. Each fish scale starts to dry out after 5 days so I always have to find new scales. Today is the last day and since I haven't found any most likely I will be a fox until the sun sets today. I blame myself for 2 cats death. One day I was standing around when I realized that I hadn't gotten the fish scales, so I became a fox. A few moments later I saw that a barn was on fire. I wandered closer to investigate when I saw a young dark brown tom. He was staring at the fire and I realized that this cat must have lived in that barn. Then another cat came racing over it was a light-brown she cat. This cat was a little larger and I figured she was his mother. Being a cat that looked like a fox I could understand them but they couldn't understand me. The mother said Tenner run and don't stop until you find Poppy. This cat nodded and then the mother turned and hissed at me. I looked at her and she turned and fled straight into the fire. So I turned to explain what had happened to the brother of Poppy. I found him and he hissed at me stay away from me you fox. I tried to talk but he couldn't understand fox. He then lunged at me, I didn't want to kill him but he tried to kill me and being a fox I had the urge to protect what I considered my land since I had lived on that land for at least 3 years before joining the clan. I killed him in the end and then I ran off into the woods regretting that i had just taken the lives of two cats, and I think that they were you family Pinkpoppy," Pinkpoppy looked up at me and stared in sadness, fear and regret. 

No comments:

Post a Comment