Thursday, November 5, 2015

Book 10 - Chapter 30

Rissa looked around and sighed. Apparently she would have to share as well now that she was "apart of the clan." She snorted she would never be apart of a clan. She stepped forward and said to the clan as the started to assemble. "I don't have much of a story to share except for the fact that I do not belong to the clan of Fishclan. I never will, I am independent hunting on for myself, that way I have nobody to blame but myself." Barrister bristled and stopped, "Why should you stay with us then," he growled. "You heard this a few times I take it. I stay because I can, I still hunt for myself yes, no I will not hunt for anyone but myself but I will not hunt in your territory." "So why stay?" Snapped Whiteclaw. "Why do I stay here?" growled Rissa. "You know why I stay here, you owe me. If not for me teaching Lionstripe how to save them then you would be living in exile, not that you weren't after following Darkfinch into exile." "Follow him did I," Snapped Whiteclaw. Rissa ignored him. "I wish to say that I will not be staying here permanently unless I see a drastic change is behavior from certain warriors here. The warriors that haven't made me feel very welcome. The ones that don't trust me just because they have heard things like what I have said before." Rissa let her gaze sweep over the clan letting it rest on Birchtail, Sagewind, Appledawn, and Whiteclaw. "So" she continued, "You cannot judge me for what my brother has done, I may be like him in a few ways looks, although I am smarter. You cannot judge, Serafina, Olivia or I because of what Storm has done. Serafina helped to over throw Storm and make Nightclan a better place for them to live." Whiteclaw concentrated for a moment then remembered something and spoke up, "You were training in the dark forest as well, though so how do we know that we can trust you as well?" "I saved your classmates and saved you from exile and you doubt that I am loyal to the living world. That's sad." "It's sad that you might betray us at any moment to the Dark Forest like Darkfinch would." snapped Birchtail. Rissa whipped around to face him. "So you side with Whiteclaw? I may have trained in the dark forest but I left before I was given my warrior name." "But not your power, you wanted the ability and the power of a Dark Forest cat but the status. You wanted to say that you were loyal but wanted to have a power." snarled a voice. It belonged to Darkfinch.

No comments:

Post a Comment