Sunday, April 26, 2015

Whiteclaw's Tale - Chapter 9

Later that day Rissa was sitting in the shade of the camp eating a plump trout when Darkfinch padded up to her. "Did you hunt for the clan?" he asked her. Rissa shook her head. "Why are you eating the clan's prey then?" At that Rissa lost it,"I am not eating the clan's prey," she yowled the clan turned and watched the two siblings. One the clan deputy the other the smartest pet cat there was. "I caught this fish for myself. I don't live with the clan I don't need to hunt for your elders. I hunt for myself and only myself. I fend for myself and only myself. If something goes wrong I blame only myself. I padded to the other side of the lake so I wasn't in your territory and I hunted this trout, so I wasn't stealing prey you could catch. I got prey for me to eat and only me. If I share with others that is up to me. If I hunt to others it is up to me. I am independent I don't depend on other cats and I don't protect other cats."she snarled. Darkfinch retorted with, "you are sheltering with the clan so you will go with the clan ways. You will feed others cats before yourself. In a clan what makes us strong is that the warriors help the kits, the strong help the weak. So you will help us in the clan, as you are staying with the clan." Rissa stared. "I serve no one but myself. If I am forced to help the cats that have lost the skill of hunting by sitting on their paws while letting others hunt for them then I leave the clan and I don't return to visit." She said. "I made a deal with Hollytail that we would come and see her clan if we all came as a family Rissa included. If Rissa returns to the woods near her human home than Olivia and I go with her." stated Princess. "Why do you make decisions for Olivia. She is old enough to make decisions by herself, you let Rissa fend for herself." snapped Hollytail. "No, Hollytail. I make my own decision and my decision is to let others take charge. I am loyal to the end and I am loyal to those who are loyal to me. Princess convinced her human to get her human's sisters to adopt Rissa and I and she helped me survive. If there is anyone I am most loyal to it is our mother. I would go with her rather than stay here with you." Olivia retorted to Hollytail. Hollytail glanced between her clan and her family. "Then I go with my family. The warrior code states to be loyal to the clan above all measures. I was born in a human home, my family is my clan. If the 3 of you go and Darkfinch stays then I go with you as I am loyal to the majority of my family. I agree with Rissa. She didn't do anything to harm the clan. If they go I go with them." Darkfinch watched as the clan deputy watched his family waiting for him to say something to see if they were leaving or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment