Sunday, April 26, 2015

Whiteclaw's Tale - Chapter 7

At the sight of the clan deputy and his sister all the clan cats fell silent out of respect until Brownpaw grabbed the sparrow and started backing away. A growl from Rissa made him stop, "Where do you think you are going with that sparrow?" she asked. "He is going back to the camp like any loyal clan cat would." said Darkfinch. "Why would he bring it back to the camp?" Rissa snarled. "It was caught by a clan cat it is clan prey," said Hollytail. At those words the hunting patrol shifted nervously. "It caught by the clan apprentices was it?" said Olivia. Hollytail and Darkfinch glanced at each other before nodding. "So my daughter Rissa is apart of the clan now Serafina? I thought you were the only 2 kittens I had lost to the clans Storm." said Princess. Hollytail and Darkfinch froze. "Is Rissa apart of your clan because Rissa was the cat who caught it Serafina." said Olivia. "You are bold to call the clan deputy by the name he doesn't go by." said Brownpaw. "I call my son whatever I want to call him," Princess snapped at Brownpaw. "Your son?" asked Rushclaw curiously. "Oh so your their mother." said Rosesweep. "Come back to the clan and meet our clan leader," Hollytail begged Olivia. (Olivia had always been the more fun sister, Rissa had always been more serious focusing on her survival more than her friends. Hollytail had always been the cat who cared for every cats safety, and Darkfinch the only son had always been the strongest." Olivia looked at Princess. "Olivia can go if we can all go," said Princess. "What makes you think you are all welcome in Nightclan. You chose to live with humans I would have thought that you would want to stay with that decision." said Darkfinch dangerously. "Who said we wanted to live with you?" snapped Rissa. "Hollytail wanted Olivia to come meet the cats she is living with, how does that translate into can we come and live with the cats you live with. You always thought you were the strongest and better than the rest of us. I would like to let you know that not even you would have been able to leap high enough to catch that sparrow. I have been training all my life to live by myself in the woods. I have focused on the skills and my instincts to live in the wild my whole life I have since I was a kit, but I have never wanted to live in a group of cats. I would rather live by myself fending only for myself that way I am not to be blamed for lost battles or causes that weren't my fault." said Rissa. The hunting patrol looked at Rissa like she was crazy and they waited to see what their deputy would do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment