Sunday, December 14, 2014

Book 4 - Chapter 2

"What do you need to tell us?" asked Berrystar. "First of all," said Littlmouse. "Ashstar is dead, she only had one life. Our ancestors refused to give her nine lives. Berrystar and Hollowstar got nine lives yes but Tigerstar also had nine lives at the time and was still considered a clan leader. That was already 3 clan leaders. Our ancestors only say there can be 4 clan leaders." "Who was the fourth?" asked Berrystar. "I don't know," replied Littlemouse "But when she went to get her nine live our ancestors said I am sorry but I cannot give you nine lives for you are not a true leader yet, there are still 4 true leaders out there. One for each of the clans that we look over." "So Ashstar is dead forever?" said Blossompaw. The medicine cats nodded. "We must tell the clan and we must mourn her properly. She would have been a very good leader." Emberberry nodded, "She was wise, smart and thought out logical ideas in the very worst of situations." "We will grieve for her." "We should bring her out into the clearing." Littlemouse nodded. "Fishclan; Ashstar is dead. She actually only 1 life. Long story. We will forever miss Ashstar who barely had time to be a leader. She would have been a good leader for Fishclan. Let us bury her." The clan cats shuffled forward to bury Ashstar. "Berrystar," called Blossompaw. "You are our single leader now. You are put into the same situation as Tigerstar. Who was a single leader almost as soon he was appointed. You will lead us on for a while Berrystar. You will bring us through the good and the bad times. The easy and the hard times. We trust you. We believe in you. Berrystar. Berrystar!" Soon all of Fishclan was chanting. "Thank You Blossompaw." said Berrystar warmly. "I promise to be as good of a leader as I can be. I promise I will do the best I can. I promise I will try to make the good or best decisions. "I am honored to work along side such loyal deputies and such a loyal senior warrior. I am privileged to patrol with such skilled cats. All of you deserve to be leader for the hard-work you have given to Fishclan.  I have an idea about how to honor all the work and courage you have devoted to Fishclan." 

No comments:

Post a Comment