Sunday, December 14, 2014

Book 3 - Chapter 8

"Who is there? Who dares interrupt our clan leader?" challenged Ashstar. It was Tigerstar. "Tigerstar," Berrystar addressed the former clan leader with a polite dip of his head. "What is it?" Tigerstar glared at Berrystar. "When did you become clan leader? I was still clan leader when I left the clan 6 moons ago." Berrystar looked surprised but then he nodded. "Yes Tigerstar but that was 6 moons ago. The clan didn't know what had happened to you. You could have been dead. Of course the clan leader needed a leader in your absence." That's what the tigers said thought Tigerstar. Instead Tigerstar said, "Of course the clan needed a leader when I was absent but I have returned haven't I? Shouldn't I return to my position as clan leader?" "Let me ask you this Tigerstar," said Hollowstar. "Would our ancestors truly give us nine lives if they still considered you clan leader?" Tigerstar thought but Hollowstar had already swept on. "Our ancestors if they thought Tigerstar was still our leader would have told us that they still thought of you as clan leader and refused to give us nine lives when we went to get nine lives. But no they gave us each nine lives and hailed us by our new names. They don't consider you leader anymore Tigerstar." finished Hollowstar. Berrystar nodded. "Now if you don't mind I have  more announcements. I will start with yours. Tigerstar since he is no longer a leader has retired to the elders den, and Whisperwind would like to join them." Whisperwind nodded while Tigerstar just sat. "Also Tigerstar is no longer Tigerstar even though we cannot take away his nine lives he will not be considered a leader. We will call him Tigerstripe again." The cats whispered amongst each other. "Also the last thing is there are some new apprentices to be made. Mousekit, Pinkkit, and Skykit are all ready to begin their training." "Excuse me Berrystar." called a cat it was Emberberry. "Go ahead Emberberry."

No comments:

Post a Comment