Thursday, May 21, 2015

Whiteclaw's Tale - Chapter 18

Before the patrol left a call from the elders den stopped them. "Longswoop died, he ate to much no star feed and he wasn't treated soon enough with the proper dosage." Cinderstar looked at his medicine cat.  "Whiteclaw you are a dedicated warrior but unfortunately you have caused the death of a clan mate. You may say goodbye to your clan mates when I return you must go and live the life of a loner." Whiteclaw stared but nodded as the patrol  raced out of camp. Whiteclaw turned and snuck out of the camp and after the patrol of fighting cats. He watched as the clan cats fought against the intruding cats. Darkfinch let out a yowl and charged at the largest cat which seemed to be the leader. As soon as the large cat was gone then the rest of the intruding cats fled after their leader. Soon the other cats padded towards Darkfinch. "You have a choice," one cat hissed. "You can either kill Hollytail or Cinderstar," said another. Darkfinch glared. "If you don't we will kill all 3 of you." Darkfinch looked around and launched himself at Cinderstar. Cinderstar flopped sideways an fell limp. All the cats backed away from  Darkfinch and the dead Cinderstar. All the cats fled back to the camp Whiteclaw included. Darkfinch got back to the camp and all the cats looked up. "Lionstripe," he called. "Cinderstar has died a tragic death and I need to go and get my leadership from our ancestors." Lionstripe looked up from the poultice and instructed Frozenmint to give it to Hawkeye when it was done. The next day Darkfinch got back from the camp with Lionstripe by his side. "Clan mates much to soon Cinderstar met a tragic end. I have earned my leadership from our ancestors and I have kept my warrior name I wish to prove that I am nothing special and that I am always going to be one of you." The clan looked at each other and nodded. "The time has come to name my successor and the deputy of Nightclan, ancestors above our head by my authority as clan leader I appoint Hollytail as the deputy and next leader of Nightclan." The clan whispered and turned back to Darkfinch as Hollytail made her way to her brother's side. "I will serve Nightclan for as long as I live, and I promise that if my time has come to soon to move to the stars then it will be after defending my clan." the clan nodded and approved of Hollytail's words. "One thing that Cinderstar did before he died was banish Whiteclaw. I disapprove of that and as long as Whiteclaw can prove that he is loyal to Nightclan for now he has permission to stay. The same goes for all of you, you all must prove you are loyal to Nightclan." With that Darkfinch whipped around and stalked into his den.

No comments:

Post a Comment