Thursday, May 21, 2015

Whiteclaw's Tale - Chapter 16

Rissa filled in Lionstripe said "goodbye Whitepaw," and left. Many moons passed and soon Whitepaw had grown into a fine warrior. He contributed to the group and he soon became an impressive apprentice. Cinderstar grew to trust him with more important tasks. One day he was driving a badger from it's nest inside of Nightclan territory when Darkfinch came up behind him and startled him. "Where have you been, I told you we were to go hunting today. I don't know how much of you I can trust. I still feel like you have loyalties elsewhere." Whitepaw growled, "You don't trust me because I talked to your mother?" Darkfinch turned on his apprentice with an unsheathed paw, "I don't trust you not because you talked to my mother but because you into a human garden which is one of many of your simple mistakes that could have been fixed." he snarled. Whitepaw hissed, "Many mistakes so it is my mistake that I gave Hawkeye and Longswoop the mice that you had put death berries in?" Darkfinch glared at his apprentice, "It is time you grew up and learned to be a proper warrior Whitepaw. A proper warrior does not blame other clan mates for their actions and a proper warrior certainly doesn't accuse a clan mate of framing them. You are lucky that Rissa knew the cure for no star feed otherwise you would be fending for yourself out in the forest right now. Cinderstar would have you banished I would have made sure of that." Whitepaw recoiled and ducked his mentor paw. "You would banish your own clan mate that you framed. So I need to grow up and be a warrior. If anything you are the cat who needs to learn true clan loyalty." he snapped. This time Whitepaw couldn't duck his mentor's paw. It caught the side of his ear. "You don't deserve your warrior name," he hissed now we have to go back to camp Cinderstar called a clan meeting and I need go be present which means I cannot have my apprentice frolicking in the woods." Darkfinch turned and marched with Whitepaw dragging his feet in the dust by his side. Darkfinch glared at his apprnetice one last time and loped back to camp for the clan meeting. Cinderstar looked at all ghe cats assembled around him. "Cats of Nightclan it is time for us to let the old step aside and let the young come in. It is time to make  3 new apprentices." Darkfinch shot a look at Whitepaw that made him tremble on his paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment