Sunday, May 31, 2015

Book 10 - Chapter 10

 Blacktail walked towards the center of the clearing and he waited for the clan to settle around him before beginning his story. "I used to know Darkfinch," he begin getting every cat to give him a curious look. Blacktail continued, "He invited me to join his group but I declined insisted that I was loyal to my pan above anything. Insisted that I would seek him out if I changed my mind and that if my loyalty to my clan ever wavered. I said that I was loyal to the warrior code and therefore my clan and leader at the same time. Darkfinch left me alone because I gave him the assure that I would find him if I ever wanted to change my loyalties. He hasn't left other cats alone that he wanted to join his clan, he forced Blossom and Berry to flee so they would't have to join his group," he said angling his ears toward Blossomfur who was sitting with Mossfur and Rivera. Blossomfur nodded and looked up at Blacktail, "The reason that I believe that he left me behind and alone and why I was different from all the other cats that he wanted to join his group was because the fact that I gave him a solid answer even though it was no. If he truly was set on getting me to join his group he wouldn't have let me say no, but since I promised that one day I might join his group he left me alone. More and more lately I  have been tempted to leave the clan and join Darkfinch and Tigerclan but now I realize that my true home and my true clan is here with all of you in Fishclan. I might have been tempted to join Darkfinch but I never will, my loyalty hasn't wavered from Fishclan ever and it never will." The clan looked a bit happier knowing Blacktail's confession. 

No comments:

Post a Comment