Monday, January 12, 2015

Blossomfur's Life - Chapter 1

Blossom padded into the forest. She spotted a thrush and dropped into a crouch. Suddenly the ferns behind her swished. Her ears swiveled backwards listening. She dropped to the ground when something shot over her head. It was a forest cat. Blossom backed away and sank her weight onto her back paws waiting to pounce. Suddenly the cat sat up and looked up at her. "My name is Ash." Blossompaw stared. Finally she turned and padded away. Ash slowly followed her. Blossom ducked down a tunnel leading into the ground. She raced underground until she reached the cave. Blossompaw looked around. "Berry?" Blossom called. "Are you here?" she looked around for her friend but all she saw was the damp, dark walls of the tunnel. "Berry?" she called again. She looked around and saw no one but Ash. Ash was standing with lots of other cats. "My name is Darkfinch," said the tom is front. "There are groups of cats living in these woods and I was exiled from them because they though I wasn't loyal to them. I would like you to join my group. That means of course you have to stay with us and you have to hate the cats as much as the rest of us do." "Who would I be living with?" asked Blossom uncertainly. "There are a few of us. We are all loyal to each other though." said Darkfinch calmly. "I have always lived alone. Well it has been me and Berry." "Berry?" asked Darkfinch. "Berry is a cat around my age, he is just a little bigger. Brown pelt." she said continuing. "Oh we saw him a few days ago." "What happened to him?" asked Blossom eagerly. "Umm." "You killed him didn't you," said Blossom angrily. "No I don't want to join your group." Darkfinch eyes narrowed and his ears flicked. Cat after cat raced into the tunnels. They couldn't see where they were going though. Lucky Blossom. She had lived in the tunnels her whole life and knew every tunnel in her mind. She reached a moss filled cave and took a left. She reached the pitch black tunnel. Using her whiskers she found the tunnel on the right and squeezed through it. She heard her pursuers race past her through the tunnels to her left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment