Sunday, June 14, 2015

Book 10 - Chapter 26

All the cats looked around the clearing and then turned their attention to Blackmint, "There is a secret reason that I was named Blackmint. The name was requested by my parents to the clan leader, and there I was. A dear friend of mine left my family to become medicine cat, far away where she could learn about a larger variety of different plants. She kept returning in my dreams, for a reason and then one day I followed her in my dreams and she brought me very far away from the clan areas I knew. She taught me everything about all the plants that she had learned about in her new home area. When I woke up I was back in my clan and I still had the plants with me. I hurried to the medicine cat den and I told the medicine cat at the time that was there which I believe was Morningflower. She was delighted about how much I knew about these new herbs, and she told the other medicine cats. I knew everything about every herb except for one herb. It was a black plant, with a fuzzy texture but spiked edges. It was a little bit crinkly but kept for a long time. It tasted like a mint plant so I made up the name of a frozen black mint plant, it didn't sound very real like that was the true name of the plant, but Morningflower excepted it. Then I had to go and train for my warrior ceremony, but what I didn't know until after my warrior ceremony that my parents had gone to the leader of the clan and told them what I had done, and they asked if I could be named Blackmint because I told the medicine cats of a mint that cure d a deadly disease that the clan had been exposed to once or twice before. They were very proud of me and the leader understood that so they gave me the warrior name Blackmint in honor of my knowledge of plants." The leaders nodded and then Pinkpoppy went up to Blackmint and started asking questions, and Blackmint gladly answered them. The clan then nodded and soon the medicine cats went to Blackmint if they had a question about a foreign plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment