Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Whiteclaw's Tale - Chapter 13

"I never lied to anyone. Besides I am not the traitor you are. I protect my family with my life. I would never attack the cat that raised me, but you would because you are the traitor." Snarled Rissa. "I would never wish harm to the cat who raised me, I only wish harm to my enemies." She snapped. "Who are your enemies though?" Growled Darkfinch, "If you are from the dark forest then your family is your enemy so even though you only wish harm to your enemies and not your mother you may be wishing harm to your mother because she is your enemy." Hissed Darkfinch. "Your mother," asked Rissa. "So she isn't your mother anymore either?" She snarled. Darkfinch narrowed his eyes at his sister. "Remember move to attack anyone and I go straight home," she snapped at him. He eyed his sister warily before padding to the warriors den and settling down for the night. Whitepaw padded over to his mentor, "Darkfinch what are we doing for training tomorrow," he asked. "We aren't doing anything," his mentor replied, "you are staying here, and looking after the elders as a punishment for going on speaking to Princess. You will keep that up until I feel that you have learned your lesson." Darkfinch snarled at his apprentice. Whitepaw nodded, and then he padded away to his den. The next day Whitepaw woke up very early and he went to see the elders. Cattail, Hawkeye, Longswoop, Inkfur, and Oceanear were all awake. "Do you need anything?" asked Whitepaw. Hawkeye turned to him and nodded, "Longswoop and I would like a mouse or two," he said. Inkfur looked over at him and spoke, "I need some new moss and bracken to line my nest if you don't mind," she told him. Oceanear and Cattail said, "If you can go to Lionstripe and get some mouse-bile soaked moss then we can get rid of the ticks." Whitepaw nodded and wandered away. He headed towards the fresh kill pile and grabbed to fresh plump mice in his teeth. He set the mice down near Hawkeye and Longswoop and padded towards the medicine den. "Lionstripe? Are you home?" He called. Lionstripe pushed her way between the lichen that hung from the top of the cave sepertaing the medicine den from her living quarters. "Yes Whitepaw what do you need," she asked. That was when  a cry from the elders den startled them.

No comments:

Post a Comment