Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Whiteclaw's Tale - Chapter 12

"How dare you accuse your sister of something so treacherous." gasped Princess. She turned to Whitepaw, "I don't want you hunting in my garden and I don't want information on Darkfinch anymore. I don't want information on a traitor. My only son has gone to the dark side. If, Hollytail is with you, you may come to my garden but no other times." she told him. Darkfinch was glaring at his apprentice, "What do you mean. Have you been in her garden before?" he growled. "Princess told me I could hunt in her garden if every time I was there I brought her information on you and Hollytail. I am doing nothing wrong." he said defiantly. "Right of course you are doing nothing wrong, the only thing that you were doing wrong was going into a human garden and talking to a pet cat." Darkfinch screeched. "A pet cat? Is that what I am now Darkfinch?" asked Princess, her green gaze as calm as ever. "No, I may be a pet cat but I am also the cat that brought you into this world the cat that raised you, without me you wouldn't be the cat you are now. I am not only a pet cat but I am your mother Storm," said Princess with an edge to her voice. Darkfinch turned and lunged at his mother, Rissa dived in front of him. Rissa hit him with an impact, her coat shifting from tabby striped to gray and white wisps. With a yowl Rissa spotted a pond. She threw herself at Darkfinch and her stumbled backwards into the pond. With a sudden jerk of her paws Darkfinch was stumbling sideways, when Rissa threw herself on top of her brother with a yowl. Whitepaw raced to help his mentor, "Get off of my mentor," he cried. Hollytail padded over, "I remember when I yowled the words ~ Get off my brother ~ then I came racing to your aid. Do you remember Darkfinch?" asked Hollytail. "I remember when I wanted to  help you, now I want to do anything but that." With that she joined Rissa's side and started battering Darkfinch backwards. Whitepaw stared, so did the rest of the cats. For Rissa's pelt began to change again, this time she was black with long wings. Rissa took to the sky before pelting at Darkfinch. She snapped her wings open, landed, and sat down. "I knew it, you are from the forest," snarled Darkfinch. Rissa lifted her wings letting the light reflect off them setting the whole camp into shadows. Rissa stared, "I said I went to the forest before earning my warrior name there I quit. I was given a power. I never said before I was given a power I quit, I said before I was given a name." 

No comments:

Post a Comment