Monday, February 2, 2015

Darkfinch's Story - Chapter 9

Darkenberry and Mistlight went yowling for the two kittens. The smoke cat turned her head and stared at them. Darkenberry let out a hiss while Mistlight went to retrieve her apprentice from the churning waters. The smoke cat narrowed her eyes and with a yowl flung herself at Mistlight dragging her away from Hollypaw. "What do you think you doing?" spat Mistlight. "I am trying to save my apprentice." Mistlight snapped. "She should be able to fend for herself. If she can't then she isn't any use to us." "Then she won't be a use, but she is not drowning if I can save her." snarled Mistlight. The smoke cat retreated and let Mistlight fish Hollypaw from the river. When she turned around for Darkpaw he flinched away. "What is wrong with you? I am trying to save you." Mistlight snapped at Darkpaw. "Well I don't need saving," snapped Darkpaw. "Of course you need saving. Let me help you up on the bank." "I don't need any help. I said that." he said again "Darkpaw you need help, you are only a kitten." interjected Darkenberry. "Now let Mistlight help you up so we can decide what to do." Darkpaw shook his head and swam further away. "Don't stop swimming." called the smoke cat. Darkenberry turned to the smoke cat. "Who are you?" he asked, "Who are YOU and what are you doing here," the smoke cat shot back. "I ask the questions," snapped Darkenberry. "Says who?" replied the smoke cat. "We have come on the orders of Cinderstar to watch and fetch Darkpaw. We are to bring him back to where he truly belongs."  "Who says he doesn't belong here? He has learned more here than at home. The water runs off of his fur, like it would for any cat that belonged here. He and I are barely wet while, Mistlight is drenched in water. He fits in. He was the apprentice from the two that I got to choose. I chose him and I chose right. Now get out of the forest. Go back to your precious little clan. Stay out of the forest from now on. If you stay around or if you come back I might incorporate you into the training, and the cats around here aren't so merciful as your precious clan mates." 

No comments:

Post a Comment