Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Darkfinch's Story - Chapter 12

"Those cats are mean, horrible, and aren't merciful. You should stay with your clan," Hollypaw snarled at Darkpaw. "What do I get out of staying here?" Asked Darkpaw. "You get to be respected as a warrior." "I get respected in the dark forest." "Well we don't." Hollypaw shot back. "That's because you don't belong in the dark forest, you weren't chosen as a kitten." Darkpaw snarled his temper rising. "That's enough," called Cinderstar. "Lionstripe have you gotten a sign from our ancestors telling us what to do?" Cinderstar asked his medicine cat. Lionstripe shook her head, but I did have a dream. Last night when the cats were in the dark forest, I was in the dark forest, but I wasn't. Like I wasn't physically there, cats could walk through me but I could see all of the dark forest. I saw a golden cat with shocking purple eyes. I followed this cat around the forest. This cat was watching the clan cats curious. I believe that we need to find this purple-eyed cat. She may the only help and hope for our clan." The smoke cat nodded. "I know the cat that you are talking about." "Then help us," spat Cattail, the deputy. "Why should I help you? This cat only impacts the future of the clan cats. The future of the dark forest still remains clear. We know what will happen in our future. We all live until our star dies. Each dark forest cat when they become a warrior gets a power, and is assigned a new born star. When that star dies about 5 million years later the cat dies too. We know what will happen. Our life span is much longer then yours." Soon most of the clan cats were looking eager. "How do we join the dark forest?" one asked. "If you were born in a litter of 2 and weren't picked then you can't join. For litters of 3 we chose the middle born kits, who usually have the most potential and for litters of 4 we usually chose the oldest or the youngest. Then if you were the only kitten in the litter you don't get in. Now we don't chose from every litter now and we rarely if never chose from warriors." said a new voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment